A new lightweight, poetic, handcrafted project has emerged from the joint efforts of Italian designer Luca Nichetto and the multidisciplinary working group Nendo founded by Japanese architect Oki Sato - the new Kurage table lamp. In Japanese kurage means jellyfish and the lamp does in fact resemble a sea animal which dances through the seas cradled by a suffused light, obtained thanks to the use of the finest Japanese washi paper. Kurage is made thanks to a very particular workmanship technique that is based on the manufacturing of 3D washi paper.
- Luca & Nichetto and Nendo, 2015
- Washi Paper and Ash Wood
- Height: 49cm / 19.29 Inch
- Shade Height: 34cm / 13.38 Inch
- Diameter: 25cm / 9.84 Inch
- 1 x LED Retrofit / Fluo 20W E26