Shanghai Chair by Norr11
The Shanghai Chair features a steam bent solid ash wood frame and a seat of hand woven paper cord, french rattan or upholstery. The back and the armrest play a central role in the chair’s construction, giving it an iconic shape and firm support. The beauty of the ash wood is an integral part of this chair’s expression, creating a piece of furniture from a simple structure and minimal detailing, uniting Asian and Scandinavian furniture design.
This product is available in more variations. Contact us for requests.
– Distinctively modern take on the Yuan Dynasty’s Horseshoe chair
– Made from ash for added strength
– Simple structure and natural expression
– Available as well with paper cord, french rattan or various upholsteries
– L1 certified
– Made in Latvia
– Category 1: Burnum Bouclé by Glamour
– Category 2: Fame by Gabriel, Re-Wool by Kvadrat
– Category 3: Hallingdal, Steelcut Trio, Fiord, Moss, Zero, Safire by Kvadrat, Breeze Fusion
– Category 4: Dunes, Spectrum/Noir by Sørensen, Baru
– Category 5: Sheepskin by skandilock
– FSC certified ash with upholstered with high-end eco-conscious leather from Sørensen Leather.
– NORR11's entire range of wooden furniture is produced with water-based lacquer. Using water-based lacquers instead of standard lacquers reduces the emission of harmful substances significantly, improving indoor and external climates while making for better working conditions in the production phase.
– W 58.5 x D 57.5 x H 79.5 cm
– Seat H: 45 cm
– Armrest H: 65 cm
- Kristian Sofus Hansen and Tommy Hyldahl, 2011