During this unprecedented time, in order to ensure the fastest and most reliable delivery times, web orders are non-refundable and non-changeable because we must secure stock immediately with suppliers in order to have a chance to fill your order. Thank you for your understanding.
The Modern Shop wants you to be completely satisfied with every item that you purchase from us and are committed to your satisfaction. If you are not happy with your purchase we will gladly provide you with a refund under the following conditions:
All returns must be pre-authorized by emailing us at email@example.com
- your original order number (if applicable),
- your name (and/or the name the item was ordered under),
- and the product you are returning.
- Item is returned within 15 days of the receipt date
- Items purchased in store must be returned in store / shipping costs are extra
- Returns must be accompanied by original receipt, in original condition with all original packaging. At our discretion, any item returned that is not in its original packaging and in as-new condition may be subject to additional charges up to 50% of the value of the item.
- Any opened lighting cannot be returned as this voids warranty.
- Rugs cannot be returned. They are final sale.
- Return shipping is your responsibility, so we advise you use a service that has tracking capabilities for insurance reasons
- Special orders (anything not in stock) are not returnable so be sure you know what you want before ordering please. If you are unsure of the option to return an item, please email or call us.
- Actual cost of initial shipping will be deducted from refund total
- Min 20% re-stocking fee applies on all returns
Upon authorization, returns should be sent to:
The Modern Shop
541 Sussex Drive
K1N 6Z6 Canada
We want to ensure your package arrives to you safe and intact. Occasionally however, you may receive a product that has been damaged during shipping. In such cases we will make every effort to obtain your replacement as quickly as possible, at no cost to you. In order to satisfy our insurer, damaged goods must be reported within 24 hours of delivery. If damage does occur, please review our policies below for receiving and returning damaged items:
Outside Damage to Package Only
If you receive a package with obvious damage to the outside of the box or packaging but believe the item inside is intact, please make written note of this with the courier when signing for your package. If no mention is made of external damage, we cannot be responsible for any product damage and will not accept a return or issue a refund.
Damage to Package and Contents
If a package appears significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery of the item. It will then be returned to the place of origin. Please notify us immediately if this occurs and we will make arrangements for a replacement to be sent to you as soon as possible. PLEASE NOTE: Original product lead times may apply on the replacement product.
Damage to Contents Only
If your intact package is found to hold damaged contents, DO NOT throw away the original packaging. Please contact us immediately and follow the steps below.
For any of the previous scenarios please follow these return instructions:
- Take photos of damages to items & photos of any damage to package
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us. Please provide your original order number (if applicable), your name (or the name the item was ordered under), and the product you are returning (with photos). You will be given a return authorization number which you may need to submit with your returned item.
- Arrangements will be made for replacement of your damaged item at no cost to you. Please note that your original product lead time may apply for a replacement.
- We will instruct you on how or if to return the damaged product for replacement
- Refunds will not be issued on damaged goods. A replacement will always be sent in a timely manner.
The Modern Shop reserves the right to refuse or issue a refund/replacement item in the event that the item is found to have suffered damage after delivery or has been misused or used other than in accordance with the instructions or if the problem is due to normal wear and tear.
All defective merchandise will be replaced or repaired under the manufacturer's warranty. Used equipment carries a 30 day warranty.
No Refunds or Exchanges on:
- Items without the original receipt
- Special Orders (anything not in stock)
- Sale or discounted items, or any items marked "final sale"
- Used / opened items
- Items not marked damaged to driver upon delivery of goods.
Please see our shipping policy page for more information on lead times as not all products are in stock.
Make sure to retain your receipt!